What Upgrades Increase Your Home Value the Most (and What are Buyers Looking For)?
The process of getting your house sale-ready includes a number of items: painting, flooring, and potentially remodeling, among other things. But what if you knew about the most important upgrades that are 100% guaranteed to increase your house value?
Learn about how to sell your house for more money in this episode of the How To Sell A House podcast. You’ll be surprised how simple repairs, fixes, and cleanings have a huge ROI.
Start by sitting down with your agent ahead of time to figure out what upgrades make the most sense so you’re not flushing money down the drain!
Some lessons on house upgrades:
- Don’t use the trial and error method, especially when it comes to choosing the colors for your house. Hire a colorist instead of painting and repainting.
- Luxury vinyl plank flooring is becoming more and more popular. It happens to be more durable too.
- Lighting is the first thing your eye goes to. Make sure you do it right.
- Get your agent to turn on all the lights before a showing.
- If you’re going to do big projects, think about doing all of them. Don’t make one area look spectacular only to make the others look dated.
- What are some of the top things you can do to improve your curb appeal? Painting, Planting, Landscaping
- Hard flooring (i.e no carpet) is more of a trend now than it has ever been.
- What are the biggest mistakes people make when upgrading their homes? Make sure everything is functioning properly (doors, windows, HVAC, etc)
👇🏻Need some more help? Connect with us! 👇🏻